Can you be more forthcoming about the errors in the log. I use ubuntu and I
had to change the owner and group access on a few files like environment.rb
to get rails running on ubuntu. This has to do with who the owner is of the
rails app as it runs. In my case both environmet.rb and
application_controller.rb has to have owner and group modified.
Cheers--

Charles