I am wondering what you gentlemen might use in lieu of basic
scaffolding. Suppose I have a simple table, and it has, say, 100,000
rows. I want the user to be able to drill down to edit (and/or
possibly delete) a given row, as well as to show him, say, a screen
(or more) of potential candidate rowns that meet his criteria. Surely,
there must be some widely used public domain code to do this?

As an example, suppose I have a table of "people" and one of the
fields is lastname. As I type in letters for the lastrname, the
candidate rows that match that partial lastname begin to show, such
that the user can select a single row to edit/delete. Is there some
basic public domain code out for doing something along these lines?

What do you gentlement use when you want scaffolding that is more than
just the basic scaffolding for table editing like this? Thank you! -
JannaB