Hi,

I have a problem with the Session ID in my Rails application. I need to
store some data of anonymous users and then, when the session expires,
delete that information from de database.

I have a filter in some point of my application when I try to create an
anonymous user which I want to identify by its session_id. I read that
this session_id must be a 32 char length value, but, when I run the
application my session_id value is:

BAh7CToMY3NyZl9pZCIlYmE1ZWYxNzY3MzUwMjI2MzU0NWFhMWUxODZkZDY4M2U6EXNlYXJjaFN0cmluZyIJbmFkYToPdXBkYXRlZF9hdEl1OglUaW1lDatQG4BQk5jZBjofQG1hcnNoYWxfd2l0aF91dGNfY29lcmNpb25GIgpmbGFzaElDOidBY3Rpb25Db250cm9sbGVyOjpGbGFzaDo6Rmxhc2hIYXNoewAGOgpAdXNlZHsA--206695460a9e840bd0393690e0d8813ee46ce434

The code is:

def save_anonymus_user
      self.current_user = User.new(:login => "guest" +
session.session_id,
        :password => "guest", :confirm_password => "guest", :session_id
=> session.session_id)
  end

And when the session expires, I am using the session_lifetime plugin to
make some stuff like deleting the user from the database.

  expires_session :time => 5.minutes, :redirect_to => '/', :on_expiry =>
lambda {
    user = User.find_by_session_id(session.session_id)
    User.delete(user.id) unless user.nil?
  }

At this point, the session_id is a 32 char length value, as expected.

What is wrong with the session at the first point? I am lost.

Thanks!