All I want to do is set a session variable when I make a request.
Here's my code:

class ProjectIntegrationTest < ActionController::IntegrationTest
  def test_truth
    user = user_for_test
    user.access_project_index_page
  end

  def user_for_test
    open_session do |thing|
      def user.access_project_index_page
        session[:user_id] = 'someid'
        get project_index_path
        assert_response :success

I'm getting this error:

test_truth(ProjectIntegrationTest):
NoMethodError: undefined method `user' for
#<ActionController::Integration::Session:0x21d7c50>
method method_missing in test_process.rb at line 464
method send! in integration.rb at line 448
method method_missing in integration.rb at line 448
method user_for_test in project_integration_test.rb at line 11

Line 11 is the line where "session[:user_id] = 'someid'" is being set.
What am I doing wrong for setting the session?

-Kyle