Hi.

I am (integration) testing a standard edit action. I realise that the
http request is not actually a PUT request, but rather a POST request
with a hidden field in the form named "_method", which has the value
"put".

This means that a browser will generate a POST request, so an
integration test using put or put_via_redirect will actually not
simulate a real browsers behaviour.

What does people do here? ignore the fact that the integration test
generate HTTP request which differs from what a broswer will do, or do
you use post (or post_via_redirect) and adding the "_method" parameter
manually.

Jarl