On Saturday 16 May 2009, Branko Vukelic wrote:
> Btw, the error message displayed by the form is "Nutrients ingredient
> can't be blank".

You know, this is a bit like pulling teeth. When are you getting this
message? Presumably you're trying to save something. What objects are
there? Which of them are new and unsaved (new_record? == true), which of
them already exist in the database (new_record? == false), but need
saving, which are unchanged. Finally, how are you saving them.

I can't point to any specific problem, but I suspect you're running into
non-intuitive issues related to when objects and their associated
objects are saved, in particular, if there are new objects in the mix.
The API docs as well as Agile Web Dev with Rails have sections on this
topic, it might be a good idea to review them. This is just a hunch, the
cause of your problem may be somewhere else entirely.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:mich...@schuerig.de