Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

> Don't ever do that.  Forget that globals exist.  They cause problems
> with maintainability and (I think) concurrency.

Yes, that is the CS Doctrine, and generally I agree.

However, it seems dysfunctional to me that it would not be possible (I
promise you will never be asked to maintain my project ;).  This could
be some kind of ruby object issue, I am as new to that as I am to rails.

After all, if globals were *that* bad, I presume

$global

a syntax for them should not exist either?