On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM, jko170 <jko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My app has 64 models and my test are so slow. 30 seconds at least.
>
> I'm using Machinist. How can I speed up my tests? It has really killed
> my motivation to test at all...
>
> I'm using rails-test-serve but that only brings the test down to 15
> seconds....thanks for any help!

Try out the "Single Test" plugin (
http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/single_test )

It allows you run the test of a single test file, or a single test
method, in isolation.  This lets you focus on getting your one test or
or test file to work in a rapid-feedback way, and after your code
works and your tests pass,  you run the full test suite before
committing to see if you broke anything elsewhere in the code base.

--
Steven Hilton <mshilt...@gmail.com>