Would ROR be a good choice to build my site?

Hi Gang,

I'm in the process of developing a social media-ish site built around
WordPress and VBulletin forum. A site where a visitor has a username and
password and their own "page" on the site where various site
interactions take place. I need a CMS framework to tie them all together
along with other features like multimedia, video uploading/severing/,
news/articles/information as well as user/visitor created content ala/
wiki's. I'll need a user-friendly backend to control the functionality.
(aside from Wordpress and VBulletin's existing backends)
Would ROR be suited for this sort of development? I'm going to be hiring
a developer very soon and would like to have some honest opinions from
those that know the platforms best. My current direction has me leaning
toward Joomla or Drupal but I've heard so much about ROR lately, I want
to find out more about it and if it's the best choice for my project.

I hope to hear some good opinions. Thanks.