Hi, when I saw your models, I was thinking that you should have the
following relationships:

Parent has many children

Child has many parents

Thus, you should have the following database tables:  children and
parents.  By doing this, this becomes a many to many relationship.

Good luck,

-Conrad

Sent from my iPhone