Right.  You might want to look at Chap 15 in "The Rails Way", Obie
Fernandez et.al., 2008.  It covers XML and ActiveResource - only 27
pages but the best I've been able to find to date.  I'm assuming that
what you mean by "complex relationships" is the A...Resource parallel
to associations in A...Record.  If not, clue me in with more details.