Hi All,

First post so be nice.

I keep receiving this strange error that I can find almost no
information about in other threads. Occasionally, I'll receive an
Errno:PROTO error when I navigate to a page on my site when running
locally.

I'm running rails on a VirtualBox Ubuntu instance on Vista. I'm also
running it in a Vista folder that's mounted into Ubuntu. I run the rails
server in Ubuntu, but load the web page through firefox in Vista. Also
have the project loaded into Eclipse in Vista. (I think something about
this setup might be the cause of my problems.)

This error will occur with any page, and seems quite random. It happens
sometimes when I navigate to a page, and repeated refreshes will
sometimes show the page and sometimes not. Most notably, if I tail the
development.log file, it will happen MUCH more often. I've struggled
with this for a bit but can't seem to find a solution.

Any ideas?