Each case you will have one approach that better resolve your needs.

Firstly, you should avoid this kind of situation, off course this is not
possible always but if you do RESTFul apps this kind of situation is not so
usual.

Well, going direct to your problem, you should load all dependencies on
second controller, and yes, this lead you to an not DRY environment.

First, you should not have many variables being assigned per action, this is
a bad practice, anyway, you can have a module to encapsulate filters
included in both controllers... this can sound not practical, but in truth
this avoid you to forget to alter the behavior in one side without affect
the other...

I want that this tip was helpful ;)

--
Everton J. Carpes
Mobile: +55 53 9129.4593

"If art interprets our dreams, the computer executes them in the guise of
programs!" - Alan J. Perlis