Hi,

I've been struggling to get Rails working properly on my Ubuntu box
for a couple of weeks now - driving me mad...

The current problem is that the "rails" and "rake" commands seem to be
wrongly intrepreting the command-line. For example, if I type:

~/$rails blog -d mysql

What I get is a directory called "blog" with a bunch of stuff in it
AND a directory called "mysql" with the same bunch of stuff!

also, if after setting up database.yml correctly, then do

~/blog$rake db:create

what I get is yet another directory full of rubbish created also
called "db:create"! Gaaaghhh!

The annoying thing is, I've tried *completely* uninstalling ruby,
rails and rake and re-installing... AND it's still like this!!!!!

Help. Please.

(I'm sure I'm doing something really dumb, or missing something dumb,
but I can't see it now for the red mist... gonna give up and go back
to struts... ... ...)

Thanks,
Geg