On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 02:06 -0700, JannaB wrote:
> No, nor does this work in a partial.

You haven't said what triggers the load of the partial.  If you can make
that event an Ajax event, then you can trigger the execution of the JS
directly in an RJS  template.  The only problem I'd potentially
anticipate would be if the browser decided to execute the JS prior to
the completion of the rendering of the partial.  Shouldn't happen, but
if it did, you could just put the function in application.js and it
would already be there.

If you go this route, the only 'tricky' part I ran across was
understanding that, assuming your JS signature looks like this:

startClock('arg1');

The RJS signature looks like this:

page.call "startClock" "arg1"

HTH,