Tony Stricker wrote:
> my boss asked me to make some web forms for us to sign up new affiliates
> and customers with - i made the decision to learn rails on my own.  as
> an intern, i'm given a lot of freedom which i couldn't be more grateful
> for.  the web forms weren't urgent, and i was looking for a learning
> experience.  i had heard about how intuitive/convenient rails was and
> decided that i would take the time to learn it.  that's why i really
> like my boss and my internship - he gives me the opportunity to learn.
> if had any idea how much of a nightmare it would be to deploy this, i
> wouldn't have even considered doing this.  we're a small, start-up
> company so just "hiring some special support" isn't an option.  this was
> my own mistake, i really really really just want to fix it.

ok, i just got the wrong idea when you said "all i need is for it to
start working so my boss won't kill me". :)
but i have to say that your boss didn't give you the opportunity to
learn
at all. interns by definition should always work under the supervision
of
a tutor, someone to show you the directions and keep you out of
nightmares.
if this is not the case then you are a regular developer hired with
intern salary. i appreciate your commitment to get the job done but you
should be more realistic about your situation and your boss. cheers.