http://www.prototypejs.org/api/element/toggle

$('your-sub-form').toggle()

will hide or show a given element. Just wrap your subform in a div
with a unique id and put a disclose link outside that div. You can
then use an onclick handler for that disclose link if you like the
inline JS route or by defining the behavior of the element in the
document.observe(''dom:loaded", ...) function.

hth