I think forming an LLC, or Incorporated business is great. However,
talk to a lawyer/attourney if you can, because a single member LLC or
a single stakeholder Inc will NOT necessarily protect you from the
liabilities you're looking to protect yourself from. The misconception
most people have is that the incorporation (rather than obtaining sole
proprietor licenses) is enough to shield themselves from legal action
from passing through to their personal assets, but with single-owner
LLC/Inc's, many judges will still pass through judgements to claims on
personal assets if you do not follow all the rules around LLCs and
corporations, such as quarterly and/or yearly meetings with minutes,
state filings, etc.

Spend the extra time to research your decision thoroughly. It's a lot
of work for a one-person company, and it may not make sense for
everyone. But, if you've determined that it actually is, congrats!

-Kevin