Craig White wrote:
[...]
> thanks - I have used Rails quite a bit but have always used ez-where
> (Rails 1.1/1.2) and it made it easy for me to do finds.

I'm not familiar with ez-where, but it sounds like it's made it possible
for you to do lots of things without understanding the underlying SQL.
That may not be a good thing: automation is great, but you should always
understand what's being automated -- use it as a tool, not a crutch.

> It simply doesn't work in Rails 2.3.2 and thus it has forced me into
> executing finds using Rails code directly which is not where I want to
> spend so many hours.

Spend 30 minutes with your database's SQL docs and another 15 minutes
with the ActiveRecord rdoc, and all will be come clear.  It's not
particularly difficult, but it is essential.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org