This is a total newbie question, so my apologies!

I am learning Ruby from the book Ruby for rails - the only issue is the
examples seem to have been written in a earlier version of Ruby.

The code in question is

    <%= form_tag :controller => "customer",
                  :action     => "login" %>
     <% end_form_tag %>

Which gives the error

undefined local variable or method `end_form_tag' for
#<ActionView::Base:0x1c39e38>

I appreciate that the end_form_tag has been depreciated, I tried
replacing it with <% end %>

Which then gives

compile error
/Users/pmoran/rails/r4music1/app/views/customer/_login.html.erb:9:
syntax error, unexpected kENSURE, expecting $end

I can't see any examples on the documentation which also specify the
controller, as I say I am a total Ruby newbie so please go easy on me
here!