Hi,

I'm trying to use the ActiveSupport Time extension but running into a
bit of trouble with the time zone.

I'd like to test if a user record has expired using the Time .ago
method, such as:

def expired
  return true if self.activated < 1.day.ago
end

Unfortunately I can't seem to use the .ago method in the comparison
because it's using UTC time, whereas Time.now has my current time zone
(-0700).

will$ script/console

>> Time.now
=> Thu Jul 30 12:16:30 -0700 2009

>> 1.hour.ago
=> Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:16:34 UTC +00:00

I can get around this by using something like "Time.now + 1.day" but
I'm interested to know what I'm doing wrong with the .ago method.

Maybe there's some sort of time zone setting that I've missed?

Many thanks,
Will