My goal is to use nested <ul> elements to display a hierarchical view
of an entire table.  It is my understanding that all acts_as_tree does
is make available 3 additional methods: 'ancestors', 'root', and
'siblings'.  As useful as these methods may be, I don't see how they
are going to help me achieve my goal.  It seems to me that I'm
additionally going to need to somehow get the table sorted properly;
and, even after I have done that I'm still left with the difficult
issue of keeping track of levels and opening and closing <ul> tags
appropriately.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input.

          ... doug