Quoting TomRossi7 <t...@themolehill.com>:

> Should models call action mailers, or should those calls always
> originate from controllers?  For example, should user.forgot_password
> send the email, or should the user_controller.forgot_password?

Unless the action changes the state of a user or requires details not
available through the public API of the user model, I'd put it in the
controller.  It is invoked by a HTML request and should (in my mind) go with
the rest the HTML request logic.  Unless of course it is being invoked by a
cronjob or similar non-HTML request action/event.

Just my $0.02USD,
  Jeffrey