You can't do both of these things at the same time.
If you want to use toggle, the content should already be there and may
be hidden.

If you want to generate the content when the link is clicked, then you
should use link_to_remote to render the link,
Then you can render a partial in your rjs template have something like
this:
page.replace_html, :partial =>  'example'