I'm not thinking I will write a timezone library yet ;)

Currently I get the user offset from Javascript (I know about non js-
enabled browsers), so I think about _maybe_ not using timezones at
all, but just the offset for displaying purpose. This would be the
last chance try.

For now, I think I'll make it with the "hack" in the comment I linked
in the second post.
This seems to be the most affordable "error seen/time spent" solution
out there, with the help of a setting if it doesn't work for some
users.
This is *very* frustrating.

Florent