Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Cris Shupp wrote:
[...]
>> How come I cannot write the code as follows (Aptana will not compile
>> it)?
>>   def self.up
>>     create_table (:people,{|t|
>>       t.string :name, :type, :email, :camera
>>       t.timestamps
>>     })
>>   end
>
> Because you've got your syntax wrong.  The braces aren't correct In this
> context (this isn't JavaScript!) and parens don't go around blocks
> passed to functions.
[...]

On second thought, the braces are probably OK (although it's more common
to use do...end for multiline blocks and braces for single-line ones).
The bigger problem is the parentheses.  If you're going to use them,
then the closing parenthesis goes *before* the beginning of the block.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org