Andrew Pace wrote:
[...]
> I can imagine that this will be an issue at the time of production,
> because the schema.rb file will not be usable for setting up the
> production database.

What do you mean, "at time of production"?  Are you *really* planning to
deploy to production only after everything is done?  If so, you're
setting yourself up for integration hell.  You should be deploying to a
production server (or at least a staging server) quite frequently.
Don't wait.

> It seems to me, I would have to run the
> migrations...

You *should* be running the migrations as you deploy each new version.
(But you're right, that's not how you should set up the DB from
scratch.)

> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

Best,