I have a need for the capability to re-size images.  I have no need to
do anything other than re-size images.  Having searched the posts in
this group, it seems that the conventional solution is to use
ImageMagick/MiniMagick.  That seems like a lot of horsepower and
resources to accomplish this simple task.  So, before I start down
this path, I'd just like to inquire as to whether anyone has any other
approaches that I should consider.  Thanks for any input.

           ... doug