> I saw your post on the core list and looked at your code. Here are
> some suggestions to improve your code:
>
> - You might want to adapt to the conventional directory structure of
> rails plugins.
> - Use the rails view helpers instead of manually concatenating
> strings.
> - Use form_for and friends to simplify your update process
> - Add Unit tests
>
> Concerning the API I would prefer
>
> - specifying which attributes to use instead of which *not* to use.
> This would also enable including virtual attributes.
> - supplying a :url option and falling back to REST conventions (This
> would come for free using form_for)
>
> Hope these suggestions help you get on with your project.
>
> Best,
> Tim
Thank you very much Tim,
I am fairly new to Rails - I think I understand what you are referring
to in your suggestions - I'll incorporate them.
In fact,I think form_for is what I need - I've been struggling to send
the update in a manner that can be sent to model.update_attributes ...

But ... would it be ok to assume that there isn't something out there
already that does what I am trying to achieve?

Regards,
Kashyap