Does anyone know how to prevent a plain/text attachment to be inline
within an email?  Is it as simple as changing the content_type to an
application type?

My app (not a web app) is using ActionMailer outside of rails and
everything is working like a charm, but I don't like that a plain text
attachment is being placed inline within the email.  The attachment is
supporting data or db that I used to create the email.  It is actually
a YAML flat file DB.  It is quite long and will grow each week up to a
point.  Most everyone I'm emailing will not care to see the data
within their email, but a few of my fellow "geeks" will, so a file
would be best.

here is a code snippet:

attachment :content_type => "text/plain",
               :filename => File.basename(yaml_file),
               :body => File.read(yaml_file)

Can I force the attachment to be an attachment file and not be inline?

If this is simple, sorry I bothered everyone.

Thanks,

GregD