I tried the composite_primary_keys (2.3.2) plugin, with the same
overall result: I cannot insert a row (via Postgres) into a table
without a PK. My model now has this line:
   set_primary_keys :doc_id, :user_id, :view_date, :view_time  #
legacy tbl, include all cols

My insert error is thus:
Mcolumn "doc_id,user_id,view_date,view_time" does not exist
P170
Fparse_expr.c
L421
RtransformColumnRef: INSERT INTO "document_ref_access" ("doc_id",
"user_id",
 "view_date", "view_time") VALUES (1, E'W:5:a_name', '2009-10-19',
'2009-10-1
9 14:52:11.605227') RETURNING "doc_id,user_id,view_date,view_time")

The RETURNING clause seems to be causing the problem.  If I set the PK
to, say, :doc_id (mind you this col is NOT a PK for this table) the
insert works but the doc_id col is set to NULL. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff