A couple things:

- Railsspace isn't the best tutorial to start with - the ideas are
good, but trying to update a 1.2.3-era tutorial to present isn't the
most helpful. It also re-implements a lot of things that have mostly
been rolled into popular plugins (authentication for one; also this
whole image upload bit).

- In general, always post as much backtrace from an error as you can.
The final error is sometimes really just where the code fell down
after wandering in the woods for a while.

- Similarly, if you're troubleshooting a controller action, posting
the log output for the action is handy as well; I've chased more than
one bug in my own code that came down to a missing method= on a form,
which shows up immediately in the log.

- You are almost certainly missing something from the earlier chapters
of Railsspace - I found the relevant discussion of routing (re:
hub_url) in Chapter 9, Listing 9.39.

Hope this helps!

--Matt Jones