I am working on a project that involves many different types of users,
each with their own sets of information. I decided to condense the
variety of users into a single class to deal with things like logging
into the site, and use single table inheritance to account for the rest
of the logic. Since the different user types require different
information I made new models to store this extra information, linking
them back into the relevant classes with has_many and belongs_to.

The trouble comes up when I try to load a form creating a new user and
their information. I receive this error:

    uninitialized constant BasicUser::BaseDetail

The parts of code I think might be relevant are:

#user.rb
class User < ActiveRecord::Base
end

#basic_user.rb
class BasicUser < User
     has_one :details, :class_name => 'BaseDetail', :foreign_key =>
"user_id"
     accepts_nested_attributes_for :details, :allow_destroy => true
end

#basic_detail.rb
class BasicDetail < ActiveRecord::Base
     belongs_to :basic_user
end

#routes.rb
map.resources :basic_users, :controller => 'user'
map.resources :users

#register.html
<% form_for @user do |user| %>
     <% fields_for @user.details do |details| %>
           #some form stuff
     <% end %>
     #more form stuff
<% end %>

#home_controller.rb
def register
     if !param_exists? :user
          @user = BasicUser.new
     end
     if param_posted? :user
          @user = BasicUser.new(params[:user])
          if @user.save
               redirect_to :controller => "user"

I've been working with Rails 1.2.6 up until now (I wanted to use
accepts_nested_attributes_for) and so this is my first day with the new
version. I have very little understanding of routes, and indeed the only
reason I have them there at all is because without them I get the error
"undefined method `basic_users_path' for #<ActionView::Base:0x5a51db0>."

On a similar note, rails has become much slower since I updated to
2.3.5. Can this be fixed, or is it probably just my computer being
worthless?

Thanks
-Jaheco