I am aware of some authlogic issue with Passenger (destoying sessions
often yield an error).
But I think it can be fixed easily as long as your production server
is a VPS.
I told them I'm  going to throw an in-depth review of your review and
got an unusual response.
I think this is the case wherein developers have gotten used to
Restful authentication that anything else out there (like Authlogic,
Clearance and others) are not acceptable.