pharrington a écrit, le 11/18/2009 07:23 PM :
> Emm just because the threads aren't all executing *simultaneously*
> doesn't that they aren't running in parallel (due to all the thread
> switching etc).
>
> Regardless, I can't seem to reproduce the OPs behviour:

I'm too lazy to check the details, but I'd look at the implementation
details of BackroundRB and EventMachine. I suspect the way they use
select calls may interract badly with Net::HTTP.

For example, last time I checked if you wrap an HTTP get in a timeout
block, the timeout doesn't work : the internal Net::HTTP timeouts take
precedence and disable the global timeout.
Timeout uses a thread which calls sleep, which is implemented with
select IIRC...

Lionel