My deploy.rb file contains..

set :application, "application name"
set :repository,  "http://...";
set :applicationdir, "/root/#{application}"  # The standard Dreamhost
setup

# If you aren't deploying to /u/apps/#{application} on the target
# servers (which is the default), you can specify the actual location
# via the :deploy_to variable:
set :deploy_to, applicationdir

# If you aren't using Subversion to manage your source code, specify
# your SCM below:
set :scm, :subversion

role :app, "application"
role :web, "application"
role :db,  "application", :primary => true

Can you tell me the configuration of deploy.rb is right..