Ahhh so you require TLS :).
Well firstly you want to add the config I mentioned in the previous email
here so that it logs errors for you.

Regarding TLS, can you tell me what rails version & ruby version are you
using ?
If your using Ruby version 1.8.x then it turns out that ActionMailer is not
working properly with TLS.

There are a few hacks available for the same, you have to download a file
tls_smtp.rb. Please google and find for that, you should find it easily, I
forgot the source and unfortunately the file doesn't mention the author /
source as comments.

My configuration is like this now for TLS :

*# In the development environment your application's code is reloaded on*
*# every request.  This slows down response time but is perfect for
development*
*# since you don't have to restart the webserver when you make code changes.
*
*config.cache_classes = false*
*
*
*# Log error messages when you accidentally call methods on nil.*
*config.whiny_nils = true*
*
*
*# Show full error reports and disable caching*
*config.action_controller.consider_all_requests_local = **true*
*config.action_view.debug_rjs                         = **true*
*config.action_controller.perform_caching             = **false*
*
*
*# Don't care if the mailer can't send*
*config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = **true*
*
*
*require 'tls_smtp'*
*ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = **true*
*ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp*
*ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {*
*    :address        => 'gmail.com',*
*    :port           => 447,*
*    :domain         => 'gmail.com',*
*    :authentication => :login,*
*    :user_name      => 'dhruva.sa...@gmail.com',*
*    :password       => 'password_goes_here',*
*    :ssl            => true*
*}*

These are my configurations

Thanks & Regards,