Senior members of the community can correct me if I'm wrong here, but
I think it has always been about code reuse. The view always has and
always will be refined and fussed over. However, the the one thing
that remains consistent is code reuse; which means partials, helpers
and modules.

But, as Obie Fernandez puts in his book, The Rails Way, knowing what
to break out into partials and helpers is a craft you learn over time.
My way of doing things fit the application at-hand and may not be
suitable for your problem. It's just something that requires lots of
experience. Having a solid background in design patterns and
enterprise development techniques really help to model those choices.
But, in the end, you have to understand that each app is different;
best practices only go so far when you jump from building CMS apps and
blogs to designing air traffic control systems.

Honestly though your post is a bit of a gray area. Maybe if you could
be a little more specific we could tell you what we know. :-)