1) Download the rails repo at *http://github.com/rails/rails*
2) Inside the directory, run "*rake -T*" and you see this:

rake clobber_rdoc  # Remove rdoc products

rake default       # Run all tests by default

rake package       # Run package task for all projects

rake pdoc          # Publish API docs for Rails as a whole and for each
component

rake pgem          # Run pgem task for all projects

*rake rdoc          # Run rdoc task for all projects / Build the rdoc HTML
Files*

rake release       # Run release task for all projects

rake rerdoc        # Force a rebuild of the RDOC files

rake test          # Run test task for all projects

3) Run "*rake rdoc*" and in the "*doc/rdoc*" directory you get the html
files for the rails api doc.

You can do this with all new version of rails, or update.

        Agustin Viñao
www.agustinvinao.com.ar
   agustinvinao (Skype)