Ok, thank you. My form is not AJAXified. I managed to fix the problem. It
probably has something to do with the rendering of the form using form_tag.
If I have hardcoded the hidden field, everything is fine:

<%=password_field_tag :password_confirmation, @password_confirmation %>

This is a hack and I would like to know if you now something about this.