> Well, it's not in your HTML.  Unless you've got some JS in there, my
> best guess is that it's coming from your Web browser, which is probably
> trying to "helpfully" autofill usernames and passwords.  Try a different
> browser or a different computer, and I'll bet you these entries won't be
> there.  I don't think this is coming from Rails.

Yup ... I installed the Authologic tutorial app
  http://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic_example
and lo and behold ... Dave and his password showed up again.

That Dave guy is sure popular.

So I tried both apps on IE instead of FireFox and ... no Dave.

Goes to show you, if you can't find a bug then either you're looking in
the wrong place or it isn't a bug.

Thank you for suggesting a different browser.

> [...]
>>>
>>> <cite> is for book titles, not hints.  Learn to use HTML properly.
>>
>> Thank you ... but I did not write that code.
>
> Whoever wrote it, it's bad and should be corrected.

What tag do you suggest for a sample email address?

> [...]
>>> Read the form_for docs and the Rails guides.
>>
>> What do you think I've been doing for the last several weeks?
>
> I wouldn't venture to guess. :)

It's not what you are thing.

OK, so why is restful authentication not as good as authlogic?  The
sample from Bala Paranj offers email confirmation and the sample from
Authlogic does not.

Am I looking at a ton of work to implement the email confirmation via
Authlogic?