Quee WM wrote:
> Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
>> That is true - but since he mentioned a bit.ly link, I thought it would
>> be different for every row.
>
> You are 100% right that it will be different for each row. With the help
> of others on this forum I have written a callback function which
> provides me with a bitly link at creation time of a new record.
>
> I believe that I can use the same function and provide it the required
> information but the biggest question I have right now is how to make
> that call? I could not see a decent example on google where the database
> was being populated using a function at creation time. So any help in
> this regards will keep me going.

Your Rails app classes are accessible in migrations, so you can call the
bit.ly link generator just like you would from the application itself.

At this point, stop asking questions and go write some migration code.
If you run into trouble, then come back, ask, and post the code you
have.  We could talk about this all year, but now is the time for code.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org