# controller

def new
  @file_upload = FileUpload.new
end

def create
  @theme_upload = FileUpload.new(params[:upload])

  respond_to do |format|
    if FileUpload.save
      flash[:notice] = 'Successfully Uploaded File.'
      format.html { redirect_to(@file_upload) }
    else
      format.html { render :action => "new" }

# model

class FileUpload < ActiveRecord::Base

  validates_presence_of :upload
  attr_accessor :upload

end

# yaml file being uploaded

file:
  name: default
  author: First Last
  date: 2010-01-01
  stylesheets: true
  javascripts: true
  layouts: true
  swfs: true

=================

What I would like to be able to do is eventually upload a number of file
folders with files based off what is listed in a YAML file being
selected and read.

For instance, if I could info = YAML.load_file(the_path_to_upload_file)
I would get the following:

=> {"file"=>{"name"=>"default", "date"=>Fri, 01 Jan 2010,
"author"=>"First Last", "swfs"=>true, "javascripts"=>true,
"layouts"=>true, "stylesheets"=>true}}

and would be able to read/use the information later on.

My problem is understanding how to call/access that information using
the template above.  If I run it right now, of course what will happen
is a record will be saved with nil information because nothing is truly
being sent/saved properly.

However, when viewing it in the console, the following information is
being sent via parameters:

Parameters: {"commit"=>"Upload",
"authenticity_token"=>"4IW8zdd8WyHFBjxMJgxZbPtPp0XlJiPInxtlywfaf74=",
"file_upload"=>{"upload"=>#<File:C:/Users/MyUser/AppData/Local/Temp/RackMultipart.3076.2>}}

If I open the Rackmultipart.3076.2 file it does match the exact same
contents of the yaml file being uploaded.

Again, I'm unsure of how to go about defining a method to simply read
the yaml file and parse its contents using an upload button.