Turns out the problem was with the old version of the json gem! Just
needed to upgrade it :)

kristian-mandrups-macbook-pro:my_r3 kristianconsult$ sudo gem install
json
Password:
Successfully installed json-1.2.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for json-1.2.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for json-1.2.0...
kristian-mandrups-macbook-pro:my_r3 kristianconsult$ script/console
irb(main):001:0>