If you look at the scaffold generator, it is able to apply the correct
model/migration generator depending on the orm setting in
application.rb.
This is handled transparently as I see it. It simply calls the correct
migration and model generators with a name corresponding to the orm
setting.
Check out my http://github.com/kristianmandrup/mongo_model_r3 for an
example. This can be used by
http://github.com/kristianmandrup/very_nifty_generators
Which contains a scaffold generator. This calls the mongo_mapper
generator if orm is set to :mongo_mapper and so on...
Something similar should be possible with migrations.

Also see: http://guides.rails.info/generators.html for more details ;)

Good luck!

Kristian