Hello, I just noticed something that has confused me. I have a number of
controllers, each with an associated helper file. If I have a helper
function, say "x" defined in all of the helpers it would appear that the
one in the lexicographically last helper file is the one that gets used,
regardless of which controller I am rendering a view for.

For example, I have helper method "x" defined in:

application_helper
a_helper
z_helper

I render a view for controller a and the helper method in file z_helper
gets used. I would expect the one in a_helper to be used.

I render a view for controller b (no helpers defined for b) and the file
in file z_helper gets used. I would expect the one in application_helper
to be used.

Is there something about scope that I misunderstand ? Or is my app
otherwise broken?

I'm very confused - this is not working how I thought it should!

Thanks.