Hey everyone.

I'm using a partial 3 times in my applications.html.erb file. When the
index is loaded everything works exactly like it should. (the partial
contains a collection_select with prompts). If i goto the show action
the options for the collection select seem to vanish. IE no prompt
when rendered.

I've removed everything from the show.html.erb and def show action
just incase there was some sort of run in. But there isn't, it seems
to just be a rendering problem.

Any ideas?

The partial:
Select <%= box %>: <%= collection_select("vehicle", box, list, box,
box,
                    {:prompt   => "Search by #{box}", :selected =>
selected },
                    {:onchange => "#{remote_function(:url  => {:action
=> "update_dropdowns"},
                                                     :with =>
"'current_id='+id+

'&current_value='+value+

'&fields='+

'year='+$(vehicle_year).value+','+

'make='+$(vehicle_make).value+','+

'model='+$(vehicle_model).value")}"}) %>