Hi,

I think you've made a little mistake...

The correct form is this:

<% for group in Group.roots %>
 <%= link_to (group.name), group  %>
 <% for child in group.children %>
   <%= link_to (child.name), child %>
Notice the use of "group.children" instead "Group.children"

Hope this helps...
Hi,

I'm trying to implement a very simple acts_as_tree search in my index
html.

I am able to show the parents, with no issue, but the children will
not show.

I have something like this for the parent, which displays fine:

<% for group in Group.roots %>
false;">+</a>
           <!-- calls the show method, but utilizes the acts_as_tree -->
           <%= link_to (group.name), group  %>  <br>

For the children, however, using the following will not work because
it is looking to the index method.

<% for group in Group.children %>
<%= link_to (group.name), groups %>

Any pointers?  Should I be using object.children to get the children?
thanks