On 10 February 2010 19:54, RubyonRails_newbie
<craigwest...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> in that case, would it make more sense to add it to a page when a user
> is already logged in?
>
> I've just tried adding it to the invitation's index page, and i get
> the same issue...

If you're following a Railscast, I don't know where you may be going
wrong, because I've always found them to be very methodical.
It may be that you've missed a step, or put something in the wrong place.

I'd suggest you backtrack, and follow the tutorial from the start
again - after all, they're only 10mins long.

Also, inferring from your misunderstanding of the assignments and
variable scopes (and of course that you say you're a Rails newbie),
you might benefit from refreshing yourself of some of basic principles
covered in the "getting started" chapter of your favourite Rails book.