The underlying meaning of this statement is; Rails as a framework use
to favour a certain Javascript framework (Prototype).  This doesn't
mean that you alone would need to write your own solution for JQuery,
but someone, somewhere *did* have to write JRails.  Likewise, if you
wanted to use Mootools, someone would need to write a solution for
it.  Rails 3 and UJS solve this problem, among others.